MEALS & SERVICES
- Evening Meals
- We love food! And so, we love to cook. Along with yummy breakfasts we offer a choice of two-course meals or light options. Mains include New Zealand Lamb, South Island Salmon and a selection of European favourites. Perhaps a Starter of Mussels or Pavlova for Dessert?
You can arrange dinner during your stay or when booking (just ask for a PDF of our menus). Please note that due to community and family commitments we may not be able to offer meals on some nights.
If you've had a long, busy day exploring Northland, come home, relax, freshen up and enjoy dinner with your Kiwi hosts or perhaps you’d rather a snack served on your deck.
- Local Vegetables and Produce
- We take pride in serving locally produced sauces, pickles, preserves and jams whenever possible. Many are made from fruits and vegetables grown at Morepork Lodge or just down the road at a family property. We often buy other seasonal produce at local road-side stalls or Farmers’ Markets.
- Pre-Breakfast Walks
- Paul enjoys a good walk so if you’re keen, and time permits, he can guide you on a morning walk along the Waitangi to Haruru Falls track. Meanwhile breakfast will be prepared so it's ready and waiting for you on your return. Pictured right: Mangrove Boardwalk, close to Waitangi.
- Internet etc
- WiFi (Wireless Broadband) is installed throughout the house. We also have a Notebook for those of you who don’t travel with a device. A fax, scanner and copier is available if you need to print online check-in documents.
- Tours, Travel Advice & Forward Bookings
- Having travelled extensively throughout New Zealand ourselves, we're happy to offer advice about our country's little treasures and hidden gems. However, we do have to admit that we haven’t been to Stewart Island nor the Chathams– they’re on our list!
We also can suggest and/or book tours for you. We know several B&B's around NZ that we can recommend having visited them ourselves.
- If you are traveling by air, we are happy to arrange a transfer from the airport in Kerikeri. Most local tour operators also pick up from Morepork Lodge and return you after your adventure. We can also provide transport to and from Paihia – please ask us about this when booking.
- If you need some laundry done, please ask. We also have an iron and ironing board available for your use.