Welcome to Morepork Riverside Lodge. We offer high quality B&B accommodation or a private, self-contained option - both with friendly, Kiwi hospitality. Morepork is set on a 1.6ha/4acre lifestyle block bordering the Waitangi River with native bush, gardens, alpacas and chickens.
- Just 8 minutes outside the busy township of Paihia on the way to Kerikeri (just 14 mins).
- A perfect location for exploring the Bay of Islands and Northland – where stunning scenery and adventure meet rural New Zealand and our earliest history.
- Enjoy a quiet stroll through our native bush. Rest, read, or picnic on the rustic table while listening to the birdlife, including Moreporks, New Zealand’s native owl.
- Feed our friendly alpacas in their paddock. Perhaps you’d like to collect your morning eggs from our chickens? ….no pressure girls!
- We are both born-and-bred Kiwi's. Paul is a qualified Scuba Diver and Barb’s interests include the history of Aotearoa New Zealand.
- If opting for our B&B rooms, we offer a sumptuous breakfast, which includes fresh fruits, cereals, breads, free-range eggs, cheeses and cold meats, is served in our dining room. Wanting a leisurely start to your day? We can also provide a Breakfast Basket so you can ‘Breakfast’ on your deck or in your room.
- We are happy to accept bookings that include children if you book both rooms. Ask us about our extra room that is suitable for additional kids. No under 5’s please as our property is not safe for little ones.